Louisiana is known as the “Sportsman’s Paradise” because of its abundant waterways, including the Mississippi River, Gulf of Mexico, and numerous lakes and bayous. Boating is a common pastime in Louisiana. But, when a boat accident happens, the results can be catastrophic, including serious injuries and even death. Reach out to a Baton Rouge boat accident lawyer at Dudley DeBosier to get the help you need in recovering compensation so you can get back on your feet.
According to the most recent data available from the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, there were 162 boat accidents in Louisiana in 2020, resulting in 24 fatalities. The data also showed most of these boat accidents occurred on weekends and involved recreational vessels.
How We Help Baton Rouge Boat Accident Victims
At Dudley DeBosier, we know the pain and suffering boat accident victims and their families go through. That is why we are committed to helping our clients get the compensation they need to rebuild their lives.
Our boat accident lawyers in Baton Rouge are experienced in handling complex boat accident cases. We work tirelessly to investigate the cause of a boat accident and gather the evidence needed to build a strong case on behalf of our clients. Our goal is to hold the responsible party(s) accountable for their negligence and obtain maximum compensation for our clients.
Types of Boat Accident Claims Handled by Our Attorneys
A boat accident can happen in a variety of ways, and our attorneys have experience handling a wide range of boat accident claims. Some of the most common types of boat accident claims we handle include:
Negligence is a common cause of boat accidents. When a boat operator fails to exercise reasonable care and caution while operating their vessel, they can be held liable for any resulting injuries or damages. Examples of negligent behavior on the water include:
- Operating a boat under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failing to keep a proper lookout for other vessels and obstacles
- Failing to maintain a safe speed; and
- Failing to maintain proper safety equipment
Our Baton Rouge boat accident lawyers have extensive experience in handling negligence claims in boat accident cases. We know how to gather evidence, including witness statements, police reports, and expert opinions, to build a strong case on behalf of our clients.
Reckless and Careless Operation
A boat accident can occur when a boat operator engages in reckless or careless behavior. This can include speeding, operating a boat in a restricted area, and engaging in dangerous maneuvers. Our attorneys are skilled in identifying reckless and careless behavior on the water and holding the responsible party accountable.
Jones Act and Longshore Claims
A boat accident can also occur in the course of employment. When a worker is injured while working on a boat, they may be entitled to compensation under the Jones Act or Longshore Act. Our attorneys have experience in handling these types of claims and can help injured workers get the compensation they deserve.
Jet Ski Accident Claims
Jet skiing is popular on Louisiana waterways. But it can also be dangerous. A jet ski accident can result in serious injuries, including broken bones, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injuries. Our Baton Rouge boat accident attorneys are experienced in handling jet ski accident claims and can help injured victims get the compensation they need to recover after a devastating jet ski accident.
How Can You Be Compensated for a Boat Injury in Baton Rouge?
If you have been injured in a boat accident in Baton Rouge, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages. This can include:
- Medical expenses: Including compensation for your hospital bills, doctor’s visits, and rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages and income: If your injuries prevent you from working, you may be entitled to compensation for the wages you would have earned if you had been able to work.
- Pain and suffering: A boat accident can cause physical pain and emotional distress, and you may be entitled to compensation for the pain and suffering you have experienced as a result of the accident, and which you may have to endure in the future.
- Property damage: If the accident resulted in damage to your personal property, such as your boat or personal belongings, you may be entitled to compensation for the cost of repairing or replacing the damaged property.
By working with a skilled boat accident lawyer, Baton Rouge boat accident victims stand the best chance of obtaining the compensation they deserve. Our lawyers know how to negotiate with the liable insurance companies and, if necessary, litigate your case in court to get the compensation you need.
Experience The Dudley DeBosier Difference
At Dudley DeBosier, we believe that every client deserves personalized attention and aggressive representation. We, therefore, take the time to get to know our clients and their stories, so we can focus on their specific needs.
Our Baton Rouge personal injury attorneys are experienced in handling complex legal cases involving boat accidents, and we are not afraid to go up against large insurance companies and big corporations to help our clients get the compensation they deserve.
We pride ourselves on our compassionate approach to legal representation. We understand that you are going through a difficult time and are here to support you every step of the way.
When you work with us, you can expect the following:
- Personalized attention: We will take the time to get to know you and your unique situation, so we can provide you with the individualized attention you deserve.
- Aggressive representation: We are not afraid to go up against insurance companies and big corporations to help you get the compensation you deserve.
- Transparent communication: We will keep you updated throughout the legal process and provide you with clear and concise information every step of the way.
- No upfront costs: We work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you will not pay anything upfront. We will only get paid if we win your case.
Call Our Boat Accident Lawyers in Baton Rouge Today!
If you or a loved one has been injured in a boat accident in Baton Rouge, don’t wait to get the help you need. Contact a Baton Rouge boat accident lawyer at Dudley DeBosier today to schedule a free consultation. We are here to help you and answer any further questions you may have about your legal rights and options.
At Dudley DeBosier Injury Lawyers, every potential client gets a free case evaluation. We love helping accident victims protect their futures and get the compensation they deserve.