Pumpkin pies, candy, and costumes all are signs Autumn is here in Louisiana and Halloween is quickly approaching. Trick-or-treaters are always excited to have a spooktacular time on Halloween. However, the busy day poses risks that people should be aware of, and it’s not just the scary decorations. Follow these tips to ensure a safe night for this year’s festivities.
Safety Tips for Trick-or-Treating:
- Look up the times and rules of trick-or-treating in your community. Many neighborhoods have set time frames.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible.
- Check all candy to make sure it is sealed, not torn or has holes, and has not expired.
Safety Tips for Costumes:
- Use reflective or glow in the dark tape on costumes and bags. Walking with a flashlight can also help drivers see you.
- Keep costumes just above the ankle to be able to walk easily and prevent any trips or falls.
- Be sure that the costume and accessories are fire-resistant.
Safety Tips for Drivers:
- Drive slowly to spot children in the dark. Keep in mind that pedestrian traffic is much heavier on this day.
- Enter and exit driveways carefully.
- Do not pass other vehicles in the road because they could be dropping off or picking up children.
- Talk to your children about Halloween safety. At Dudley DeBosier, we know what a fun-filled night it can be and our Louisiana attorneys hope that you and your loved ones take these precautions to keep it a fun and safe night for everyone. If you enjoyed this article or found it helpful, give it a share and follow us on Facebook for more articles like this.
If you’re dealing with an injury caused by someone else’s negligence in Louisiana, securing legal representation is critical to obtaining compensation for your damages. Yet, […]Read More
PRESS RELEASE: Dudley DeBosier Injury Lawyers Spread Holiday Cheer with the Launch of 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway 2023
BATON ROUGE, La., [November 30, 2023]— Dudley DeBosier Injury Lawyers, a law firm with offices throughout Louisiana, is delighted to announce its ho, ho, holiday […]Read More
Attorney-client confidentiality is a legal principle that ensures that certain information a client shares with their attorney remains confidential. It’s not just about trust, but […]Read More
Originally published May 31, 2021. There’s nothing quite like riding down the road on your motorcycle, enjoying the breeze. Unfortunately, riding motorcycles can be dangerous, […]Read More