Tips to Avoid Baton Rouge TrafficMarch 1, 2015
Baton Rouge is known for many great things: food, football and festivities. Unfortunately, Baton Rouge is also notorious for its traffic.
Fortunately, several websites exist that may be helpful in saving time and avoiding frustration in your daily commute. By monitoring road closures, wrecks and construction, and showing traffic cameras in real time, these sites allow you to personalize an efficient route to your destination. These websites also include interactive maps that show traffic speeds along designated roadways and offer alert notifications for delays along your route.
- Total Traffic: WAFB
- Traffic Cameras: WBRZ
- Traffic Incident Map: Baton Rouge Government
- Traffic Updates: Louisiana DOTD (Department of Transportation & Development)
In addition to these websites, there are several smartphone applications available that can help you navigate through traffic.
- iPhone Map app: Traffic conditions are highlighted in a specific color to signify the amount of traffic on a roadway.
- Beat the Traffic: Avoid traffic jams and wrecks based on your everyday route.
- Waze: Receive notifications that advise you what time to leave to avoid traffic and arrive at destination on time.
While these tools may be extremely helpful, don’t overlook the more traditional methods of avoiding traffic: having an alternate route planned out, listening to radio broadcasts to stay informed of delays, and making use of public transportation.
We hope these tips will help you to avoid rush hour congestion as much as possible. If you do find yourself stuck in traffic, remain calm and avoid aggressive behavior. Rush hour traffic in the morning and afternoon plays host to the most common times for a serious collision to occur. If you are involved in an accident, it is important to first call for emergency assistance, then remember that Dudley DeBosier Injury Lawyers are here to help.