Louisiana Birth Injury Lawyers
The birth of a child is supposed to be a momentous and joyous event for your family. But when a medical provider who was supposed to look after your child before, during, and after delivery failed to do their job, your child may have suffered serious injuries. To make matters worse, many birth injuries result in lifelong complications and disabilities.
If your child was diagnosed with cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, birth asphyxia, nerve damage, meconium aspiration, or any other type of birth injury, our Louisiana birth injury lawyers are here to help. We believe that families should never pay out of pocket for these devastating injuries that were caused entirely by negligent healthcare providers.
3 Common Types of Birth Injuries
There are many ways that babies can be harmed just before, during, and after delivery. But three of the most common that occur due to provider negligence include:
- Cerebral Palsy—This disability is caused by abnormal development of the brain due to injury or oxygen deprivation. Babies with cerebral palsy have symptoms that include:
- Stiff or floppy limbs
- Delays in lifting their heads, rolling over, sitting up, and crawling
- Tremors and involuntary movements
- Impaired fine motor skills and difficulty grasping objects
- Drooling and difficulty eating
- Erb’s Palsy—This disability is caused by nerve damage in the arm or shoulder. It typically occurs during an improper or unsafe delivery. Babies with Erb’s palsy may have weakness or paralysis of their arms and the following symptoms:
- Reduced grip strength
- Lack of startle reflex (Moro reflex)
- Unusual positioning of arm
- Impaired movement of arm
- Birth Asphyxia—This term describes a lack of oxygen and blood flow to the brain during delivery. It can occur when labor is unnecessarily prolonged and an emergency C-section isn’t performed as soon as possible. Babies with birth asphyxia can suffer severe brain damage and even die.
We’ll Fight to Ensure Your Family’s Rights Are Protected
Birth injuries are unacceptable and tragic. But too often, affected families hit roadblocks when trying to get compensation for their injured children. It can be even more difficult to win a birth injury claim when symptoms take years to show up.
At Dudley DeBosier, we understand the unique challenges of birth injury claims. We work hard to collect all relevant evidence that pinpoints exactly when and where your child’s injury occurred. Then we’ll determine exactly how much money your family is owed and push hard to get you fair compensation for your damages.
There’s no risk in calling our firm about your birth injury claim—your consultation is free, and you pay us nothing unless we win you money. Contact us today to learn how we can help.