Injured by a Defective Product? We Can Help.
Whether it‘s construction equipment or a medical device, we expect products to be safe. When you’ve been harmed by a defective product, the parties responsible should be held accountable.
At Dudley DeBosier, we have years of experience helping people who have been injured by defective products—we’re here for you, too. Our Baton Rouge defective product attorneys can help get you the compensation you need for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What Makes a Product Defective?
A product can be considered defective when:
- There is a defect in the manufacturing process. A product can be defective due to a factory error or poor workmanship, which poses a safety hazard to the user.
- The product is not properly designed. Design defects exist even if a product is properly manufactured—missing safety features, defective materials, and inadequate product testing can lead to injury.
- There is a failure to provide proper warnings or instructions. Products must feature warning labels that alert users to any potential safety hazards, and instructions that explain how to safely operate products.
Product liability claims can arise from a variety of products—defects can occur in medical devices or even items purchased off of local store shelves. If you aren‘t sure if you have a defective product case, our legal staff can help answer your questions and protect your legal rights.
- Asbestos And Mesothelioma As for this rare form of cancer, any person who inhaled asbestos fibers can contract mesothelioma. Contact us today for an immediate and confidential evaluation of your case.
- Benzene Acute Myeloid Leukemia You don’t have to know when or how you were exposed to benzene to have potential rights to compensation. Our law firm has experience with benzene leukemia cases, and we’re here to investigate who may be responsible for your illness.
- BIA-ALCL: Breast Implant-Associated with Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma Breast Implant-Associated with Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) is a rare cancer associated with both saline and silicone breast implants.
- Defective Cotton Picking Machines Although marketed as a cost-effective and efficient machine, Case IH’s Case Module Express 635 presents significant defects such as power, hydraulic, and software problems to cotton farmers.
- Depuy Hip Recall Always consult your doctor or physician regarding health-related issues, but if you or someone you care about received defective joint replacement components and had to have another surgery to correct this condition, we would like to speak with you right away.
- Essure® Birth Control Implant Bayer removed their permanent birth control implant, Essure®, from the U.S. market after more than 16,000 lawsuits or claims were filed on behalf of women who experienced a variety of serious side effects caused by the device.
- Exactech Optetrak Knee Replacement Our legal team knows how to build strong claims that get results, and we’ll do everything in our power to help you get compensation for any medical bills you incurred when you received your implant and after surgical corrections and revisions.
- Forced Air Warming Blanket If you or someone you love suffered a severe, unexplained infection after joint replacement surgery, you may be entitled to compensation. Our law firm has years of experience helping patients harmed by defective medical devices, and we’re ready to help you too.
- Gadolinium MRI Contrast Dye Lawsuits Gadolinium-based dyes are injected during MRI and MRA procedures to improve image accuracy. Unfortunately for some patients, the chemical may remain in the body, leading to serious complications such as gadolinium deposition disease or toxicity.
- Hernia Mesh We have the knowledge and resources to take on defective medical device cases and we’ll fight to get you what you deserve. Don’t wait—contact us now to get started.
- IVC Filters If you or someone you love has received an IVC filter and suffered severe health complications or death, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Military Hearing Loss A double-sided earplug model manufactured by 3M for the U.S. military features a defective design that puts service members and veterans at risk of permanent hearing loss and tinnitus.
- Mirena IUD If you or someone you care about used Mirena and underwent a surgical procedure due to uterine perforation, our law firm would like to speak with you about your injury.
- Morcellator Cancer If you or someone you love developed uterine leiomyosarcoma (ULMS), abdominal cancer, or uterine cancer after undergoing a laparoscopic uterine fibroid surgery, myomectomy, or hysterectomy using a power morcellator device, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and more.
- Roundup and Glyphosate Recent studies have shown that The International Agency for Research on Cancer has linked Glyphosate and certain types of cancer such as Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma together, while classifying Glyphosate as “probably carcinogenic to humans.”
- St Jude Pacemaker We’re here to investigate your claim and we’ll work to get you the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering.
- Takata Airbag Recall If you or someone you love were harmed by a Takata airbag during a crash, or you lost a loved one due to a defective airbag, the attorneys at Dudley DeBosier are ready to help protect your rights.
- Talc Products If you or your mother, sister, daughter, or other loved one developed ovarian cancer after using talcum powder, our defective product attorneys want to help.
- Transvaginal Mesh Failure If you or someone you care about has a transvaginal mesh used to correct pelvic organ prolapse and suffered symptoms, our law firm may be able to help. Contact us today to learn how.
- Zimmer Persona Knee Don't wait to contact our defective medical device lawyers if you were injured by a recalled Zimmer Persona Trabecular Metal tibial plate implant. Contact us to get started now.