Don’t Let Black Friday Mishaps Ruin Your Holiday Season!November 20, 2017
This Thanksgiving will be filled with pies, turkey and plenty of stuffing—and of course, there will be plenty of shopping on Friday!
This Black Friday, estimates predict nearly 101.7 million Americans will fight the cold to get those once-a-year doorbusters! So, don’t let your Thanksgiving feast cloud your judgment during Black Friday shopping.
If you plan to join the crowd this holiday, stay alert during your shopping trip with these safety tips:
- Keep your shopping bags in your trunk or cover them with a blanket or coats so you don’t return to a broken window after shopping.
- Park in well-lit areas and in view of other shoppers, and avoid parking near large vans that block your car from the view of others.
- Only bring the credit card you plan to use on the shopping trip in the event your bag is lost or stolen. It is easier to cancel one misplaced credit card than five or six.
- Bring your gifts inside when you get home to avoid break-ins.
- Use common sense. Lock your car before going into stores, walk back to your car with your keys in hand, and always be aware of your surroundings.
- When you back out of your parking spot, check for other cars and people.
- Keep your purse and wallet close to you at all times, don’t leave it in your cart when unattended.
- There’s no need to be aggressive on the road, a new car costs a lot more than that deal would save you.
- And as always, buckle-up!